At our school we realise that young people are growing up in a multicultural world, and we believe it is important that their experiences and learning prepare them for this.
Global Citizenship links with all areas of the curriculum. It is centrally concerned with developing a set of skills, values and attitudes, to help young people question what they think they know, and learn to value other perspectives.
The goals we have for the children when they leave our school are that they will:
• Achieve their potential;
• Have accumulated a broad and balanced knowledge of the world;
• Have good manners and show respect for themselves, for others and for property;
• Be able to work co-operatively;
• Be able to solve problems by applying skills to a variety of situations;
• Have empathy;
• Be independent;
• Enjoy learning and have the skills and motivation to be lifelong learners;
• Have been actively involved in their learning and progress;
• Know how to be healthy, safe and responsible citizens;
• Understand global issues and how their actions can impact upon other communities and the environment.