The children chose to learn about 'Under the Sea' as their choice of topic this year.
In this topic, we:
- learnt the names of oceans and seas around the world and looked at where they were using atlases and online maps
- learnt facts about the different oceans and made booklets about them
- each researched a different sea creature and wrote a non-chronological report about them, which we collated into a class book
- learnt about the dangers of plastic pollution and came up with innovative ways of persuading people to reduce their plastic use, including posters, songs and a rap
- and we created our own versions of Hokusai's Great Wave painting